Friday, September 9

Good Info Meeting - How To Audition and Interview

Lee Academy Students and Parents!
We had a great information session today at lunch.    Access to audition/interview requirements, forms that need to be completed and brought back to school, and the audition piece can be found under IMPORTANT LINKS (right-hand side of screen).
Students who did not attend the information session are still invited to audition and interview for the roles!
Senior Lee Academy Guys - we saw only a few of you today at the Information Session.  Get involved - be brave - audition - we know there is a lot of talent! The school show is hip, cool, funny and ironic.

5 comments:

  1. QUESTION......can I be a performer AND an assistant choreographer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Off Tune StudentSeptember 09, 2011 7:36 p.m.

    I am not a very good singer - do you think I should audition?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a guy in one of the senior grades at Lee - I am a bit self conscious to audition - I do not think of any of the other guys are going to do that. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey....series of really good questions.

    Anonymous: You are more than welcome to audition/interview for both. So YES - choreographer can ALSO be a performer. You see that a lot in the professional theatre scene.

    Off Tune Student: My bet is you actually sing better than you think. But regardless - its not just about the quality of your voice but the whole package. PERFORM you song - don't just sing it. Go for it - what is the worse that can happen? Be brave, be bold, and use all the talents you got!!!

    Dude of 12: It takes guts to audition. I get that. But I am a big believer in just going for it. The show is going to be riot. The script and music are great. And doing the show does not mean you should give up any of the other stuff you like doing. Be brave, be bold, throw caution to the wind - don't let fear stop you from trying something new. I have been involved in a lot of Lee Academy shows and other shows - I can honestly say I have not met a performer who regretted being a in a production.

    Cheers,
    Dr. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Twinderella" is going to be great. Lee Academy students are really talented and this is everyone's chance to work together and show that!

    ReplyDelete